Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Safe and Well

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Heather is now safe and well back at Advanced Base Camp after what can only be described as making a very very difficult decision of turning around and abandoning her attempt somewhere by Camp 2. I'm yet to find out more information, but the reports from the Adventure Peaks website is that she is now helping with radio communications at ABC for the teams summit attempt tonight.

Huge congratulations to Heather on how far she reached, she is truly inspirational!! I hope to bring you more news from our very own 'Diva in Down' soon.

I wish the rest of the team a safe and successful climb, my thoughts are with you all tonight.

Proud,

Pete

4 comments:

  1. Stefania KalogeridisMay 26, 2011

    Great work Heather!!!!
    We are all proud of you!!! I have been sharing your adventure with everyone I know!!! Sad to know that you had to turn back, but I know that it broke your heart when you made that decision. You made the end of my maternity leave sooooo exciting, you made me dream and gave me a great subject to discuss with whomever wanted to hear! Looking fwd to reading the details of your adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, we are so proud of you. You are the only person we know who has done this much of this arduous climb. We are so happy to hear that you are back and safe in camp. Looking forward to more of your first-hand accounts. Much love always...The Moran's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I have been following your progress on the blog over the last few weeks and it must have been a terribly difficult decision to turn back, but ultimately, the right one.
    I can't wait to catch up with you again to hear about your amazing experience. Above all else, Heather, you are one very brave lady.
    Best wishes
    Mike Cowan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear HH,

    What a story and what an adventure! I am thinking of you and cannot wait to meet for a long hard drink! (My shout)
    Well done - you are amazing. Stay Safe

    HJ xx

    ReplyDelete